There comes a time when you are fed up with your room, but you are also tied up financially, and with economy, who can blame you. But this doesn’t mean that you can’t transform your room. Here are 5 easy and affordable ways to do it.
- De-clutter: This is the EASIEST and CHEAPEST way to improve the look of your room. So get your boxes and bin bags and get rid of everything that you have not used in the past 6 months. You might even find things that you have not used in 5 years. The truth is, you will never use them again. There will probably be better modernized versions of the product today, or what you are holding on to is simply out of fashion. Instead of throwing it out, give it out.
- Storage: To avoid the problem of clutter again, you will require to look into appropriate storage systems. This can vary from baskets to put your dvds away, to bookcases or chests, that double up as a coffee table,for your books. Storage solutions can be very creative and can keep your little messes hidden.
- Colour: Use of colour instantly updates a room. This can be in the form of coloured pillows or a throw strewn over a couch. You can also add a flair of colour by repainting your space. It doesn’t have to be the whole room, it can just be one wall painted in a different colour. This wall becomes the new focus of the room and you can add paintings, pictures or a mirrors to it.
- Soft Furnishings: Changing furnishings such as carpets, curtains or even bed covers can do wonders to your space. Add a rug too.
- Lighting: Create a different ambiance in your room using lighting. Table and/ or floor lamps can achieve different moods. You can even use candles. Creative use of lighting can make your room look and feel,warm and cosy.